7:00pm ET Location: Hybrid / Zoom Attendees: Board + Members
Volunteering at Fat Cat Fab Lab
Fresh forward vision for 2022: FCFL is a 100% volunteer run space, and a “Do-ocracy”: if you see something or want something done, do it! The board is not here to block member ideas, improvements, and projects.
Sponsored Membership Program
- Update on program so far
- 10 sponsored members served
- $8,644.72 allocated from e-Nable fiscal sponsor
- $5,144.72 remaining.
- Program has been on “pause” since October.
- Abagail, Diana, Damon, Joe S. volunteer to scope out the work needed to “clean slate” and re-start the program with a renewed purpose based on e-Nable’s intent + what we want from the program.
- Working group to meet next week and define what we want from the program.
- Decision made to consider and reach out to the handful of waiting candidates to be approved and contacted.
- Should we require proof of vaccination for members?
- Anonymous Zoom poll of those on the call on call: 13 for, 3 against
- New York does not require us to check vaccinations
- Update: We are at 66 members heading into February
- Our North Star: 90 members are needed to sustain rent + expenses
- Scope out
- Instagram (Kerrick + Joe S. to work together), website overhaul, reach out to other organizations
Finances Update from Harold
CNC class teacher
- Key missing element at the lab currently
- David C. and Joe K. volunteer to teach for a short time
- Arjen commits to helping develop full curriculum upon return from CA
BUS Teachers barter for free storage
- Should we give BUS teachers free storage (value $30 per month)?
- Open call for BUS teachers
- Grants: Research RFP’s and write proposals
- Alejandra: mural outside or in the village to advertise
- Joe S., Abagail, Diana, Damon to meet and discuss sponsored membership
- Harold to meet with Enable (Maria Esquela) to determine original intent of membership.
- Social media plan
- Workshops plan
- Create a Skill Sharing Slack channel
- Update Trello Initiatives board with new cards from this meeting