Location: Zoom conference call
Attendees: Joe Kim, Arjen De Jong, Harold Morales, Joe Stilin, David Choi Joe Kim meeting chair; Joe Stilin meeting secretary
- Laser class: Joe S, Harold
- CNC class: David, Harold, Arjen, with conference on material and syllabus
- 3D printing: David
- Compensation: Before we decide whether to compensate our teachers, we need to get our books in order. Until then, instructors on volunteer basis.
- Mention possibility of free or reduced storage, if the board votes on it.
- Missed classes: discourage no-shows for classes with volunteer instructors
Missed Dues Policy
- Policy of 14 days after a missed payment to suspend member.
- Policy of 30 days after end of membership to gather materials.
- Change to everyone paying on the same day of the month; proration when a member joins for the remainder of that month.
- Policy of x number of days notice for a member to cancel membership before billing day. (a buffer for us)
[vote on removing 30 day notice to 7 day notice of cancellation, with no final billing day]
- Mask Policy: Should we change to policy of vaccinated members = mask suggested rather than required?
- Resolution: keep mandatory mask policy for all members regardless of vaccination status at this time.
- Use of AirTulip to supplement air quality in the lab?
- Lab covers cost of filter replacement.
- Present at E-Nable annual conference on October 23rd: ways that a makerspace can work with their community
- Joe Kim to work on website
- Meeting next Thursday 7pm: working with Hack Manhattan discuss relationship between FCFL and HM. HM Member usage of FCFL space, etc.
- Use the google form officially.
- Paper towels (2 left)
- Packing tape
- Water meter (??must check pipe size first)
- Hand truck (pneumatic wheels, ~$80)
- Face shield
- Floor Layout: Arjen is moving benches
- Google Drive Structure: Harold to organize structure
- Meet and create syllabus for CNC class
- Arjen to speak with Woody about teaching
- Re-write member cancellation, missed payment, and material removal policy.
- David to follow up with Maria Esquela via email on e-Nable conference
- Discuss van rental and Arjen’s reimbursement in next meeting