Location: Google Meet and in person at the lab
Attendees: Joe Kim, Arjen De Jong, Harold Morales, Joe Stilin, David Choi
Input from members
- Create a form for members to submit comments, requests
Town Hall style meetings
- Make regular meetings Wednesdays 7pm as town halls.
- Ideas short term:
- Change open house to be hybrid
- Refer a friend program
- Meet with Lisa (Arjen’s wife) to talk about marketing and content.
- Work with members to create content - ads on social media, youtube videos featuring projects.
Items to purchase
- Wifi dongle (for Win10 computer) - $30
- Multimeter - purchased
- Vacuum filter - $55
- 36” x 36” Vacuum former: Arjen heading, ~$300 with up to $500 for extra parts
- Approved, with Arjen submitting updates to the board on the vacuum former project expenses.
Items to Sell
- Welding machine - Thermal arc fabricator 18li, 220V, MIG
- Sell on Craigslist $500.
- Official reply to teachers: We are going with no compensation or barter agreements.
- Should it be volunteer run? Yes! We’re a makerspace, people should learn to fix the machines. We have the ability to maintain laser, CNC, and 3D printers.
Civicrm and emails broken
- Joe Kim will fix
Make Slack fun again!
- Projects, shout outs in slack - cultivate maker community.
- Arjen’s contact, Doctor with 3D printing - hybrid meeting, stream online.
Meeting with Hack Manhattan
- Tomorrow night. Goal to help them. Arjen: Symbiotic relationship.
- Create a policy and enforcement for items left in bin after membership is ended / expired.
- Create a policy and procedure for dealing with member misconduct.
- Meeting(s) with affected member(s) and warnings for member(s) performing misconduct.
VOTE: Naming of members
Vote on naming of Arjen De Jong, Harold Morales, and David Choi as Acting Secretaries. OUTCOME: APPROVED
- Create comment and request form for members
- Sell welding machine on Craigslist
- Update / create new FCFL policies draft
- Add all non chair and secretary as “Acting Secretary”
- Fix Civicrm email system (new members can’t join)
- Recharge fire extinguisher, laser room (y), metalshop (?), woodshop (?)
- Recover PayPal (work w/ Cellar Dog, not easy)
- Recover Venmo (not easy)
- Follow up on Board Insurance
- Recover Lyft (easy)
- CPA MIA
- Create / update new policies document
- Start up an asana
- Put all this in Asana
NEXT GENERAL MEETING DATE
- Wednesday, October 20th, 2021 7:00pm ET