12/05/2022 Board Meeting
Location: Zoom 7pm ET Attendees:
- ByLaws: Voting Procedure & Member Comments
- Member violations
- Half Size Bins
- Laser filter fan purchase
- Have our members dues and/or class fees subject to sales tax?
- Harold did some research. Our org is education focused.
- If we were a club (Members control everything), we would more likely be subject to sales tax.
- Currently members do not control the organization.
- We agree that we are acting in good faith and are not within the scope of charging sales tax.
- We agree that we will seek Non-profit status as soon as possible.
ByLaws: Voting Procedure
- There are several comments on the ByLaws draft pertaining to definitions, structure, and Board Member election procedure.
- We will re-visit comments on definitions + document structure in the next ByLaws revision, early 2023.
- We are going to move forward with the voting procedure outlined in the currently drafted ByLaws.
Board Election: Implementation
- Annual meeting needs to happen before the end of 2022.
- Therefore we need to set up and run the election ASAP.
- The nomination period will happen in a shared and open digital forum where everyone can see nominations. Most likely a shared email chain.
- Wed Dec 7th - Dec 14th: Open nominations
- Dec 14th - Dec 21st: Voting
- Dec 26th: Annual Board Meeting
Vote: On Adopting New ByLaws
Vote: Joe Kim brings vote to adopt the new Bylaws Document
Document: Link to new Bylaws
- Member X has been given written warning to clean up items and remove garbage from the lab.
- Member has one strike left before a six month ban.
- Member has failed to change behavior.
- Giving a grace period of until this Friday Dec. 9th for Member to comply. Or the six month ban will go into effect.
- Member Y has been given a written warning to remove items from lab within one week, and that period has passed without the member removing items.
- Member Y has refused to get a Meetup account to handle Woodshop BUS classes scheduling and communication with students.
- Joe S. and David C. to write up document defining BUS teacher responsibilities.
- Students who fail written and demonstration tests need to re-take certification course (and pay the fee again)
Large Project in Public space Ticketing
- Pumping Station 1 rules model
- Strike a balance between allowing Members to do large projects, and limiting them taking advantage of space.
- Larger projects get a name and date: whose project, date when they will move it.
- After that date, lab can remove / discard.
- Action item: Need to make cards. Need to formalize and communicate the system.
Half Size Bins
Dicussed future options to implement since we are short on lab storage.
- Starting Jan 1: 1/2 size bins $30, Full size $60.
- Existing members: Grandfathered in to $30 for full size. Free for 1/2 size for six months
- Would need to make new price sets.
Laser Filter Fan Purchase
- Laser Filter Fan purchase is approved.
- Monday, December 19th, 2022
- Annual Meeting: Monday December 26th, 2022