FCFL has a 14" Craftsman band saw, model #119224010.
Changing and Adjusting the Saw Blade
To change the saw blade, the following procedure must be followed:
WARNING: To avoid injury from unexpected starting, whenever changing the saw blade or carrying out adjustments, switch the bandsaw off and remove the power cord from the main outlet. To avoid injury to hands when handling the saw blade, wear gloves whenever necessary.
- Remove the rip fence, the guide rail, the wing nut and screw from the table.
- Open the upper and lower doors by turning the door locking knobs.
- Loosen the blade tension by turning the blade tension knob on the top of the upper wheel hosing counterclockwise until the saw blade has slackened.
- Remove the saw blade from the upper and lower wheels.
- When fitting the new saw blade ensure the blade teeth are pointing downwards and towards you at the position where the saw blade passes through the table.
- Re-tension the new saw blade and check the saw blade tracking by turning the upper wheel by hand. The saw blade should ruin in the center of the bandsaw wheels.
- If needed adjust the tracking of the saw blade, proceed as mentioned below “Tracking the Saw Blade”
- Replace the rip fence, the guide rail, the wing nut and screw to the table.
- Close the upper and lower doors by turning the door locking knobs before reconnecting the power supply.
Tracking the Bandsaw Blade
Set the tracking of the saw blade before setting the blade guides. Once the saw blade is installed and tensioned, track the saw blade by adjusting the tracking knob by hand. The saw blade should run in the center of the bandsaw wheels. When the correct adjustment, is achieved lock the tracking knob with the wing nut.