- We encourage you to bring guests!
- Guests must be accompanied by a FCFL member at all times (especially guests under the age of 18).
- If your guest wishes to use our tools or equipment for the day, please purchase a Guest Pass for $10 and the guest will be required to sign FCFL’s Waiver, Release of Liability, & Assumption of Risk. Payment can be made here: https://civicrm.fatcatfablab.org/index.php?q=civicrm/contribute/transact&id=5
- You are responsible for your guests while they are in the building. FCFL reserves the right to restrict access to guests in the event such access or use of FCFL’s space violates our Code of Conduct or your Membership Terms agreement.
- Guests MUST be individually certified in order to operate any tools that require certification.
Events in the space
Event Types by Size and Approval Conditions
- Note: Max occcupancy is 35 people for all events (due to seating limitations). Special consideration with Approval for larger events can be made.
- Small event: less than 15 people doesn't require Approval. If the event requires silence from attendees and other members, then Approval is required.
- Large event: more than 15 people requires Approval.
FCFL Event Space Fees
FCFL used as event space by some entity: $110/hr (starting--case by case basis depending on event needs on discretion of FCFL Board).
- Any event in FCFL's space that is not a Basic Usage and Safety class or previously approved Meetup workshop requires a minimum seven (7) days advance notice given to the Board of Directors, and must be approved by the Board.
- Requests can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the #Operations channel on Slack.
- Approval of the event is at the sole discretion of the Board.
- A point of contact (POC) person must be established for the event.
- We always encourage events in the space that forward our mission of building the Maker community in New York City!
Clean Up and Garbage
- The POC is responsible for seeing that the space is returned to the state it was in prior to the event.
- The POC is responsible for seeing that all trash generated by the event is taken out immediately after the event.
- If the event does not fall on a Monday or Thursday, the POC must dispose of trash legally elsewhere or made other arrangements with the Board of Directors.