- If a member wants to bring equipment into the lab, then member will:
- Contact the Board, who will vote on the proposal at the next board meeting.
- Member must agree to:
- Allow other members to use equipment, if they are trained in that tool (ex: 3D printing)
- If no one knows how to operate the tool safely, then training MUST be provided (scheduled in advance and announced in \#members)
- Maintain the equipment and keep in functional condition
- If the equipment becomes problematic (breaks, members complain) or is disused, the board will discuss possible resolutions and vote on how to proceed (be it repair the item, move elsewhere, or remove entirely).
- A member of the board will contact the member about the situation and seek agreement on the best course of action, with both agreeing to a reasonable timetable and deadline.
- Generally, shoot to agree to a two week timetable to resolve, though not to exceed 30 days from when the member was made aware (i.e. they responded that they received the notice)
- If extenuating circumstances arise, The member can appeal to the board by writing the board and proposing a new deadline.
- If the member does not repair/remove equipment by the agreed upon deadline, the member authorizes FCFL to repair/move equipment as FCFL sees fit.
- If member becomes unresponsive, does not appeal, and exceeds the agreed deadlines by 30 days, the member grants FCFL the right to remove, donate, or scrap the equipment as FCFL sees fit.
- For full transparency, a board member will alert all members of the Loan and as the status changes (i.e. decision to bring in, remove, or move).
- to leave equipment in the space while they remain a member in good standing.
- to allow other members to use equipment, if they are trained on that equipment.
- provide training operate the equipment safely if needed. (scheduled in advance and announced in \#members Slack channel.)
- to maintain the equipment and keep it in functional condition.
- to authorize The Board to repair/move equipment as The Board sees fit.
- to remove said equipment if asked, in a timely manner not to exceed 30 days.
- if member does not negotiate or comply with removal / repair requests within a timely manner, the equipment will be considered abandoned, and grants the Board the right to remove, donate, sell, or scrap the equipment as outlined in the FCFL Rules and Policies.
The Board agrees to:
- dedicate a space in the lab for the Member’s equipment to safely be used.
- make a reasonable effort to inform the members they need any necessary training to use the equipment.
- train the rest of the members who want training on the Member’s equipment, once someone from The Board has been duly trained.
- notify the Member if the equipment becomes problematic and seek to find a resolution with the Member.
- give the Member notice of 14-30 days to remove the equipment if a resolution cannot be found.
- accept a written request to appeal a decision to remove.
This list is to track the property of members lent for use at Fat Cat Fab Lab
|Mill & lathe combo
|two diy mill/lathe magnetic tool hangers & box of components with bits
|Craftsman bottom & top tool cabinets, black
|blue cross-sliding vice
|Seville stainless steel cabinet, 36x18x72 in
|Miller Multimatic 220 AC/DC welder
|Miller Model 11 Lectro Spot welder
|Baileigh throatless bench shear with diy stand
|Baileigh slip roller, 12 in with diy stand
|Delta bench grinder w light, 6 in & diy stand
|diy steel welding table, chrome magnetic tool hanger, small blue vice
|Bosch mini grinder, cordless dremel, Milwaukee die grinder & accessories
|"collision repair" hydraulic ram kit, small wire bender, hammers & hand tools
|Bogen Manfrotto tripod & two lighting stands
|LED photography lighting cube
|Bosch Router with case (blue)